PayPal Buyer Protection
Members can shop safely and with peace of mind at UniSquare while using PayPal. Your purchases are protected by PayPal Buyer Protection. If you receive damaged items, items that are significantly different than what was described, or if you do not even receive your item, you may be able to recover your payment and get your money back. Also, this service is completely free.
What type of purchases does PayPal Buyer Protection cover?
The only purchases covered are those made while using PayPal as your method of payment. Not all sellers accept PayPal, so keep an eye out for those that do. Unfortunately, purchases made through checks, money orders or payment upon pickup are not covered. This is only a service provided by PayPal.
There are three major requirements to be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection while shopping:
- Purchased items must be physical goods that are shipped. They must be tangible, which are physical items that you can actually touch. Unfortunately, digital goods such as mp3 music files, digital photos, downloadable goods, items sent through email, are not covered by PayPal Buyer Protection.
- Items that are purchased and paid in one transaction for the full amount using PayPal. Payments made in multiple increments or installments are not covered by PayPal Buyer Protection.
- Purchases that are made by PayPal members who have their accounts in good standing.
Not all purchases are covered by PayPal Buyer Protection. What kinds of items are not covered?
- Intangibles (Digital Goods, Services, etc.)
- Real Estate, including residential property
- Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
- Significantly Not As Described issues for Custom-made items
- Travel tickets, including airline flight tickets
- Items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought through In-Store Checkout at the retail point of sale
- Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
- Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
- PayPal Direct Payments
- Virtual Terminal Payments
- Personal Payments
- Prohibited items listed by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
How does PayPal Buyer Protection work on UniSquare?
- Purchase eligible items from a seller on UniSquare and use PayPal as your payment method upon checkout.
- If you do not receive your item or it is significantly different than it was described on the seller's description on UniSquare, file a dispute through the PayPal Resolution Center. Please note that your dispute must be filed within 180 days of your payment date.
- Communicate directly with the seller and attempt to resolve any disputes together. UniSquare support may be able to help in resolving the dispute.
- If you cannot resolve the dispute with the seller, you can escalate the dispute into a claim at PayPal. This claim must be filed within 20 days of when you filed the initial dispute at PayPal.
- PayPal will make the decision on your claim. If they decide in your favor, they will receive a full refund of the full purchase amount (including shipping), credited back to your account.
If you would like to learn more about PayPal Buyer Protection, their terms, conditions and important details regarding filing a dispute, please visit the PayPal Buyer Protection page. If you are a seller on UniSquare, you can also be protected - Read more about it at PayPal's Seller Protection page.