| The Stenciling Workbook |
- Hardback book with Dust Jacket by Judy Tuttle
- Third printing, August 1992
- Copyrighted 1991 by Storey Communications, Inc.
- " Complete Step-by-Step Directions and Patterns for Over 50 Projects "
- " STENCILLING is one of the most adaptable of crafts, and this lively, creative project book contains original designs for over fifty projects, as well as basic instructions about how to stencil.
Homes, wearing apparel, and accessories can all be enhanced with the time-honored art of stencilling.
Not only is it a crisply attractive ornamentation for walls and floors in both old and contemporary houses, but it also may be used to personalize furniture, curtains, quilts, rugs, and household accessories.
Stencilled giftwrap, stationery, napkin rings, baby bibs, throw pillows, tote bags, tee shirts, and other projects make ideal gifts.
For each of these projects and many more, The Stencilling Workbook includes thorough, step-by-step instructions and patterns. "
- " As confirmed stencillers know, in addition to being decorative, stencilling is also easy, inexpensive, and fast.
The Stencilling Workbook gives basic advice about how to cut stencils, how to apply paint, how to use stencils in various settings, and how to stencil on fabrics and paper, as well as on painted surfaces. "
- " The fifty-plus stencil patterns are organized by technique, beginning with chapters containing stencil projects for hard surfaces, such as walls, floors, and furniture, and one on stencilling with metallic powders.
The chapter on stencilled fabrics includes several projects for babies and children, as well as practical items such as tote bags, curtains and drapes, and kitchen linens;
quilters will relish the charm of stencilled and quilted placemats, hot pads, and a full-sized quilt.
The final chapter gives some design ideas for stencilling on stationery and gift wrap.
Color photos illustrate over thirty of the stencil patterns included in the book, as well as ideas for using the patterns in other projects. "
- " With the confidence and inspiration acquired by successfully accomplishing even a few of the projects contained in this book, you will quickly find yourself thinking of new ways to use stencilling to decorate your own home and to create unique gifts for others. "
The book is in excellent "like-new" condition, but the dust jacket is worn along the edges and has a few tears and one large rip on the front cover.
No torn or ripped pages and no markings or writing.