| The HEALING FOODS The Ultimate Authority
on the Curative Power
- Hardback book with Dust Jacket by Patricia Hausman & Judith Benn Hurley
- Over 460 pages
- Copyright © 1989 by Patricia Hausman
" The healing foods.
Those are compelling words, to be sure.
But are there really foods that can actually heal?
Yes. In fact, there are literally scores of them for scores of ailments. "
" So, what is a healing food?
- Loaded with special vitamins and minerals that are the lifeblood of your cells, that give a boost to an immune system gone on tilt, or that fight the ravages of time tearing away at bone and body.
- Low in saturated fat and cholesterol, automatically setting up a defense against heart disease and stroke.
- Low in sodium and high in calcium or potassium, natural guards against high blood pressure
- High in fiber, which helps keep a whole array of digestive complaints - from plaguing constipation to the more insidious diverticulitis - at bay.
- Low in fat and calories, which can protect you against a host of problems, from cancer to obesity. "
" It can:
- Possess cancer-preventing qualities.
- Guard against problems such as anemia, dental disease, osteoporosis, and appendicitis. "
" But The Healing Foods is more than a book that discusses the scientific links between food and disease.
It also gives you loads of practical information on how to incorporate this vast wealth of good eating into your everyday habits. "
" Set up in an easy-to-follow alphabetical format, The Healing Foods offers:
- Seven-day meal plans for a number of conditions and diseases.
- Hundreds of buying and cooking tips for the featured foods.
- Easy-to-use nutritional charts and data to help you better understand how to make your individual food choices.
- Delectable, kitchen-tested recipes.
- A special section listing the best food sources of the most important vitamins and minerals. "
" From acerola to yogurt, allergies to wound healing, more than 100 foods and diseases are spotlighted. "
" Beans, berries, and bread.
Figs, fish, and garlic.
What do these foods have in common?
The power to heal.
More than 70 foods contain key nutrients that can help ease an assortment of ills - from arthritis to wounds.
But their power doesn't stop there.
Many of these foods can actually help prevent annoying and even devastating health problems, like angina or osteoporosis.
And much, much more.
The link between food and health - it's all here in
The Healing Foods "
Both the book and dust jacket are in very good to excellent condition with minor wear.
No torn or ripped pages.
No markings or writing.