| ActiveX ™ Controls |
" Harness the power of ActiveX controls. "
- Softcover book by Adam Denning
- Microsoft Programming Series
- Over 635 pages; with CD
- Published by Microsoft Press
- Copyright © 1997 by Adam Denning
" ActiveX controls are an important ingredient in Microsoft's emerging "object model" approach to the Internet, applications, development tools, and operating systems.
Written by a former data management consultant and current program manager at Microsoft in the Visual Languages group, ACTIVEX CONTROLS INSIDE OUT is an in-depth guide for C++ and Microsoft ® Visual Basic ® programmers who want to build powerful custom controls and the "componentware" using Microsoft's new tools and revolutionary COM (Component Object Model) technology.
A comprehensive update to the successful first edition, OLE Controls Inside Out, this book contains the latest on MFC, changes to OLE, and Visual Basic and Microsoft Internet Explorer support for hosting ActiveX controls.
It is an indispensable resource for all those programming for the Windows ® operating system and the Internet. "
" ACTIVEX CONTROLS INSIDE OUT topics include:
" If you want to build powerful ActiveX controls for Windows and the Internet, here's how to do it, inside and out. "
- Philosophy of the development process
- Background of ActiveX and OLE
- COM extensions for controls
- Microsoft tools for creating ActiveX controls
- ActiveX Controls and the Internet
- ActiveX control licensing
- Converting a VBX and subclassing Windows controls
- 16-bit-to-32-bit and cross-platform issues
- Microsoft guidelines for ActiveX Controls and control containers
- Visual C++®, MFC, and the ActiveX Template Library (ATL) "
" The companion disc contains:
- Source code for the sample programs
- ActiveX Software Development Kit
- Microsoft Explorer 3.02 "
Contents at a Glance include:
" Part I Setting the Scene
Chapter 1. Componentware
Chapter 2. ActiveX and OLE Backgrounder: Important Concepts
Chapter 3. COM Extensions for Controls
Chapter 4. Microsoft Tools for Creating ActiveX Controls
Part II The Basics of ActiveX Controls
Chapter 5. Properties
Chapter 6. Property Persistence: Serialization
Chapter 7. Methods
Chapter 8. Events
Chapter 9. Errors and Exception Handling
Chapter 10. A Consolidation
Chapter 11. Property Pages
Chapter 12. The COleControl and COlePropertyPage Classes
Part III Advanced Concepts in ActiveX Controls
Chapter 13. ActiveX Controls and the Internet
Chapter 14. Custom Font-Based Properties (and Pictures)
Chapter 15. An Introduction to Data Binding
Chapter 16. Licensing
Chapter 17. ISimpleFrameSite (or Who's In Control ?)
Chapter 18. Converting a VBX and Subclassing Windows Controls
Chapter 19. 16-Bit-to-32-Bit and Cross-Platform Issues
Chapter 20. Guidelines for ActiveX Controls and Control Containers
Part IV Appendixes
Appendix A. Visual C++, MFC, and ATL: Writing COM Objects
Appendix B. More About COM's Threading Models "
The book is in excellent condition with only very minor wear.
The enclosed CD is unopened in its cardboard disk pack.
No torn or ripped pages.
No markings or writing.