TUNE UP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Raise mower deck to gain access to mower blades. If necessary, remove mower deck.
2. Using a wooden block, prevent mower blades from spinning.
3. Loosen mower blade cap screw.
4. Remove mower blade assembly; cap screw (A), hardened washer (B), blade washer (C), and blade (D).
5. Inspect blade; sharpen/balance or replace as necessary.
Lightly lubricate cap screw threads with a general purpose grease or oil. This lubrication is to prevent rusting and seizing.
2. Position mower blade (D) with the cutting edge towards the ground onto the mower spindle.
3. Install blade hardware; blade washer (C) with cup side toward the blade, hardened washer (B) and cap screw (A).
4. Tighten cap screw (A) by hand until mower blade is in full contact (fully seated) with spindle.
5. With mower blade blocked, to prevent spinning, tighten cap screw (A) to 68 - 79 N·m (50
1.Sharpen blades with grinder, hand file, or electric blade sharpener
2. Keep original bevel (A) when you grind.
2. Put blade on nail in vise or on vertical wall stud.
3. Turn blade to HORIZONTAL position.
4. If blade is not balanced, heavy end of blade will drop.
5. Grind bevel of heavy end.
6. Do not change blade bevel
Raise mower to highest setting: Setting 4.
· Check for blade sharpness and blade damage.
· Check for bent blade. (Use leveling gauge (A) or short ruler.)
· Measure from blade tip to ground -Dimension (B).
· Turn blade 180 degrees.
· Measure opposite blade tip for Dimension (B).
· Difference between Dimension (B) on both blade tips MUST NOT be more than 6 mm (1/4-in).
· Install new blade if needed.
Tired of yanking on that starter cord until your arm hurts? If your machine is not starting up as soon as it should, perhaps it’s time for a lawn mower tune-up (tuneup , tune up). Although it’s often possible to get by without one, it is recommended that you have a lawn mower tune-up each year. The instructions below show you how to tune up your machine yourself.
Before performing a lawn mower tune-up, you need to warm up the engine. Put just enough gas in the gas tank to get your lawn mower running. Start your engine and let it run until it runs out of gas. Finally, now that you’re ready to perform the lawn mower tune-up, you need to take a safety precaution: disconnect the spark plug wire so that the engine can’t start accidentally.
A lawn mower tune-up essentially consists of three tasks (although maintaining your machine entails much more than this), each of which I’ll describe in more detail below:
Lawn Mower Tune-Up Task 1: Steps for Changing the Oil
Lawn Mower Tune-Up Task 2: Steps for Changing the Spark Plug
Before changing/cleaning the air filter, first determine whether your machine has a paper or foam air filter. Paper air filters are replaced; while the foam ones are cleaned.
Lawn Mower Tune-Up Task 3A: Steps for Changing a Paper Air Filter
Lawn Mower Tune-Up Task 3B: Steps for Cleaning a Foam Air Filter
|Shipping / Handling Cost||Cost For Each Additional Item||Service|
|$5.50||$0.00||USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope (2 to 3 business days)|
|$20.00||$0.00||Economy Shipping to outside US (11 to 20 business days)|