|•• RamSan 70 GORILLA 450GB. ••|
Get me an official quote for a new RamSan 70 and I will beat it by $500 These pcie cards have an average lifespan of 6 - 10 years and is one of the best
These are usually around $10000+ new
I have 5 total this listing is for a 1 factory sealed oem unit, and anyone who knows about theses know that they only ever made oem units you will never find a retail version
you will receive the item that looks like the picture
|•• Highlights ••|
The RamSan-70 is the latest in-server Flash storage system from Texas Memory Systems, offering:
● 450 or 900 GB of usable storage space
● Enterprise grade single level cell (SLC) Flash media from Toshiba
● New proprietary Series-7 Flash Controller™ featuring low host overhead and patented reliability features
● Half-length, full-height PCIe card form factor
● PCIe 2.0 x8 interface for maximum performance Key Applications
The RamSan-70 speeds up high-performance enterprise direct attached storage (DAS) applications.
Customers around the world use RamSan in-server storage for applications like:
● Distributed, scale-out databases
● Index files and metadata
● Rendering and video editing
● Modeling and simulation Fully supported on Windows and Linux platforms, the RamSan-70 appears as a standard block device to applications, ensuring maximum compatibility. Performance The RamSan-70 provides maximum performance: Reliability
The RamSan-70 has the reliability features required in true enterprise storage, including:
● Standard chip-level RAID and patented Variable Stripe RAID™ (VSR™) protection against plane and chip failures
● Enhanced Error Correcting Code (ECC) protection against block failures
● Ultracapacitors providing 5 seconds of power used to write out Flash metadata and avoid lengthy table rebuilds when power is restored Texas Memory Systems, Inc. (713) 266-3200 ▪ http://RamSan.com 10777 Westheimer #600, Houston, Texas 77042
Learn more at http://RamSan.com/Products/RamSan-70.
Reads Writes 512 B 4 KB 512 B 4 KB
Bandwidth MB/s 600 2,500 1,250 125 1,800 900
IOPS 1.2M 600K 300K 250K 440K 220K
900 GB model provides maximum listed performance.Architecture
The RamSan-70 is powered by the proprietary Texas Memory Systems Series-7 Flash Controller™, which incorporates a PowerPC CPU, FPGA coordinator, and FPGA controllers to form a completely hardwarebased Flash management system. Each controller manages its own set of ten Flash chips. Four more controllers and Flash are added with a mezzanine board connected to the Aux Port. Series-7 Flash Controller™ Exclusively available from Texas Memory Systems, the Series-7 Flash Controller™ is the seventh generation of RamSan Flash controllers. Its main features over other architectures include:
● Less host system overhead. The Series-7 Flash Controller uses dedicated hardware for on-board Flash management. Other cards rely on heavyweight host drivers that use the host system's valuable CPU and memory for Flash management tasks.
● Better performance. The highly parallel architecture of the Series-7 Flash Controller takes full advantage of the performance of each Flash chip by minimizing individual FPGA load. This parallel architecture is a core component of the RamSan design and is why the RamSan is the uncontested performance leader.
● More reliability features. Patented Variable Stripe RAID™ (VSR™) technology, available exclusively in new Texas Memory Systems products, efficiently bypasses failed Flash planes and chips. Enhanced error correcting code (ECC) techniques help mitigate block failures.
● Improved latency for small requests. The Series-7 Flash Controller has new optimizations for small (512- byte) requests that significantly decrease latency. Variable Stripe RAID™ (VSR™)
The exclusive patented Variable Stripe RAID™ feature offered by the Series-7 Flash Controller reduces business interruptions and improves mean time between failures (MTBF) by providing a higher level of protection against common Flash plane failures and less common Flash device failures. VSR complements standard error-correction techniques to enable continued system operation in the event of Flash failures. It improves on traditional RAID by providing greater stripe size granularity and variable stripe sizes, allowing the controller to skip bad areas rather than failing or replacing them with a full spare chip. VSR accomplishes this by allowing XOR RAID stripes to be dynamically resized for distribution across fewer Flash devices. When a Flash device failure is detected, data is migrated to new stripes that do not include the failed chip or plane. Ultimate Write Performance and Reliability
The RamSan-70 includes 23% overprovisioned space and 11% RAID overhead (1370 GB raw vs. 900 GB usable) on each card to deliver industry leading performance and reliability to its users. Overprovisioning is the practice of including additional space that is not presented to the user to increase write performance.
Texas Memory Systems products typically have more overprovisioned space than competing products.
|•• other info ••||•• Shipping ••|
By bidding or buying any item from me you are accepting these terms and conditions
- ALL transaction over $750 amount will require signature (no exceptions)
- ALL transaction will only be delivered to a confirmed PayPal address (if your address is unconfirmed you will receive a refund until you can verify this)
- No P/O Boxes
- ALL items won or bought from me are recorded from listing to packaging to working tests to postage to prove items are as described and were sent in perfect working order.
- All orders are checked by 3 different people to confirm correct item to the listing.
- We require payment within 2 days unless you contact me to let me know when you are able to pay.
- You agree that the product pictured and described is 100% the product you want.
- You acknowledge that the SSD/Solid State Drives do not always say SSD/Solid State Drive on the label but they are in fact a SSD/Solid state Drive.
- You acknowledge that the HDD/Hard Drive do not always say HDD/Hard Drive on the label but they are in fact a HDD/Hard Drive.
- You acknowledge you understand what OEM is (OEM means it is the bare drive with a plain label, these drives may be sealed or open packets)
- You acknowledge that you understand the difference between retail drives and OEM enterprise drives, if you want a pretty box and pretty labels please check the home user Drives as all of my drives are oem enterprise.
- You understand that as oem enterprise drives they may require additional steps to set up compared to regular retail home user drives.
- You acknowledge that you will message me first if you have any problems whatsoever and be forthcoming.
- ALL returns requested with eBay will be guaranteed refused and fought., if no prior contact is made
- The auctions/listings are for 1 item only unless otherwise stated.
- I provide no warranty
- If I say an item is sealed it is factory sealed.
|same day shipping if payment is made by 11 am EST.|
|Shipping / Handling Cost||Cost For Each Additional Item||Service|
|$0.00 - Free Shipping||$0.00||Economy Shipping (1 to 10 business days)|