| An |
- Softcover book by Richard Chilson
- Over 300 pages
- Copyright © 1972, 1975 by The Missionary Society of St. Paul the Apostle in the State of New York
Rev. Charles W. Gusmer
Most Rev. Peter L. Gerety, D.D.
Archbishop of Newark
August 6, 1975
" The Born Catholic
will find in this book a sensitive rephrasing of all the he treasures in his faith, but presented in the
refreshing light of all that is best in modern learning and with special sections that come to grips with change.
The New Catholic
will find an overview of the Catholic tradition that is wide enough to provide a perspective, but detailed
enough to provide a realistic foundation for his new-found faith.
Someone Who Is Not A Catholic
will find here a survey of Catholic beliefs and practices written in a language and with a sympathy
that makes them accessible, understandable and related to what is and not just what should be true
of the Catholic Church. "
" Foreword to the Revised Edition
Introduction 1: Restless Man, Troubled People
Introduction 2: The Question, The Quest, The journey
Part I The Stories of Christianity
Introduction: Conversions from Fact to Myth
1. The Stories of the Israelites
2. The Stories of Jesus
3. From Experience to Expression
Part II The Dogmas of Christianity
Introduction: From Defenses to Guideposts
4. To the Depths of Meaning
5. The Foundations of Christology
6. The Kingdom, The Power, and The Glory
Part III The Rituals of Christianity
Introduction: Conversion from Passenger to Driver
7. The Drama of Worship
8. Sacraments of Initiation - Baptism and Confirmation
9. Sacrament of Christian Nourishment and Growth - Eucharist
Part IV The Ethics of Christianity
Introduction: Conversion from Maps to Tour Guides
10. The Wonder and Mystery of Man
11. The Christian's Own Story
Part V The Rituals of Christianity (Continued)
12. Sacraments of Healing - Reconciliation and Anointing
13. Sacraments of Christian Witness - Marriage and Priesthood
Part VI The Social Institutions of Christianity
Introduction: Conversions from Barricades to Freeways
14. A Vision of a New Jerusalem
15. The Civics of Incarnation
Part VII The Experiences of Christianity
Introduction: Conversion from Irrelevance to Meaning
16. Christian Faith: The Experience of Prayer
17. Christian Hope: The Experience of the Future
18. Christian Love: The Experience of God
Epilogue: Other Cities, Similar Journeys "
This book is in very nice condition with minor wear to the cover, including a light crease on the back.
No torn or ripped pages.
A few of the pages have folded corners.
No markings or writing.