************* We Combine Shipping*************
We offer combined shipping. Put all the items you want in your shopping cart. When you are done adding all the items you want, check out and you will only pay for shipping on the first pack of seeds and all other seeds ship free, if paid for all on the same order. Your shopping cart will combine the shipping for you. We only ship in the U.S.
************* Please read full listing before purchasing *************
* Zone 3-9
* Bloom: Summer-Fall
* Plant Height 10"-12"
* Light: Part Shade
* Attracts Butterfly's
* Long Bloomer
Growing Bleeding Hearts from Seed
Bleeding heart plants can be propagated from seed and these are some tips to help your seeds have the best possible chance to turn into beautiful flowers.
• Moisten a mixture of half coarse sand and half milled peat in a small (46") pot with water.
• You will only need to sow 3-4 seeds in each pot, poking a one-half-inch deep hole for each of the seeds. Place only one seed in a hole, then cover with loose peat that has been slightly moistened. Press the peat to make it slightly firm.
• Grab some plastic wrap from the kitchen and completely wrap however many pots you have made, then place them all in the freezer for about six weeks.
• Once you remove the pots from your freezer, I would recommend that you place them on a propagation mat at about 60-65 degrees close to a window that allows a lot of sunshine in.
• When the soil feels just barely moist at the very top, you can water the plant. Don't ever let it dry completely out, but don't keep it soggy (seeds can mildew if they get soggy).
• Once more, be patient, as it could take from two to six months for your bleeding heart plant to sprout. Once you do see some growth, thin out the weakest ones and leave only one plant in each pot.
• Don't move the plants outside until after the last frost.
• Once your plants have some mature leaves, they are ready to be transplanted into larger pots filled with potting soil, and grown in light shade for their first year.
• Continue to water whenever the soil feels barely moist at the top, then transplant them into a larger container, or a shady garden bed in early autumn (too much heat or sunshine will cause your flowers to be short lived (ephemeral), and although they don't die, they do become dormant, but the roots are still fine. You should be able to count on having some gorgeous bleeding hearts if you follow all of these suggestions, and I wish you the best of luck with these gorgeous, shade-loving plants
All seeds will come in a resalable plastic zip lock bag and placed in a bubble envelope so the seeds are not damaged by shipping machines. All seed packets contain no fillers or other weeds or seeds mixed in. Most have been harvested by hand & all test at a high germination rate.
We guarantee that all seed orders will contain the quantity ordered. Unlike many sellers who sell seeds by weight, all seed our counts are almost always correct, as the seeds are packaged and counted by hand. Seed packages are all double checked to insure accuracy. We do our best and will often add extra seeds.
We are a seller that caters to experienced gardeners. (germination and plant care information is readily available online. Most of our listings include germination instructions, so we do not ship growing instructions.
All My Seeds Are Sold Fresh So You Can Plant them Anytime within 2 years from Purchase
***Note: It is normal for tropical seed germination to be sporadic from as little as 30 days to 6 months or more- so patience is required. Buyers should do their own research for plant uses if needed.
BE PREPARED - Some Seed can be somewhat difficult to germinate - much patience and time may be required - please don't be wondering why the seeds have not germinated after short periods of time. This is normal. Several months will be needed for some seed.
Some seeds require some experience in growing. We provide germination guidance and recommend that you do some research before ordering if you feel unsure. Growing plants from seed is supposed to be fun. Sometimes it is successful and sometimes not- this is the way it is with gardening. Because we are not there to plant them, we cannot be responsible for germination failure due to improper planting or climate conditions. We will always send you viable seeds
Seed is a live product which depends on many important grower skills such as proper planting time, seed depth, type of soil, watering, light intensity, proper use of fertilizers, weed controls, fungicides, insecticides, soil conditions, and reasonable weather during the growing period. These factors are totally out of the sellers control, and germination and growing results are the buyer's responsibility and risk.
Payment by paypal. We offer combined shipping. Put all the items you want in your shopping cart. When you are done adding all the items you want pay threw your shopping cart. You pay for shipping on the first pack of seeds and all other seeds ship free, if paid for all on the same order. Your shopping cart will combine the shipping for you. We only ship in the U.S.
READ THIS PLEASE: Orders over $40 will be shipped with a tracking number, Otherwise: Seeds will be shipped economy/standard or first class USPS Mail ,2-10 day shipping and no tracking Items will be shipped 1-3 business days of receiving payment. Shipping usually takes anywhere from 5-7 days not including weekends and Holidays.
We always send the item to the address you give us on PAYPAL to ensure the security of the item. If you have changed your address, or want us to ship to another address, please change to the new address when you pay us with PAYPAL, otherwise we will not be responsible if the package is lost.
PLEASE NOTE.... The "estimated" delivery date in this and all listings is an estimate made by the postal service and posted on each listing by EBAY....not the seller. The date of estimated delivery is usually (but not always) accurate.
If you do not satisfy with the purchase, please do not leave negative/neutral feedback. Contact us for solution, We'll try our best to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Important, Please read
All seeds have been test sown to ensure germination. Please familiarize yourself with growing conditions and instructions for your seeds before you plant them, as all seeds are different. Basic growing instructions can be found under each listing.
We Cannot Guarantee how much you will be able to grow, as too many variables come into play, soil condition, your ability to garden, weather etc. I guarantee that they arrive as described and are in good viable condition and the germination rates are accurate.
|Shipping / Handling Cost||Cost For Each Additional Item||Service|
|Other||$0.00||Other (see description for more details)|
|$3.00||$0.00||USPS First Class Mail (2 to 3 business days)|