Bulk Product Uploading Guide: Importing, Exporting and Editing
At UniSquare, you can now bulk upload and bulk edit your items through a tab-delimited text file (.txt) or comma separated variable file (.csv). If you are currently logged in, please visit your Bulk Upload Management page within your account preferences page to get started.
Requirements and Help:
1. The limit for product upload is 10,000 items at one time. (If you have more than 10,000 items, they need to be uploaded in separate files in separate uploads.)
2. You must include the header line which specifies the column names as a first row if you create a tab delimited file.
3. By default, all items will be listed as a fixed priced "Buy It Now" item with unlimited duration. Items will automatically be re-listed for sale every 30 day cycle until sold out or deleted. Any manually listed and active items currently meeting this requirement are exportable. Auctions or items with limited duration are currently unsupported for import/export at UniSquare.
4. You must be able to ship the products to the buyer. If you are an affiliate marketing site, you cannot use the bulk lister. Affiliate website is a website provided with products, images and texts from another company to sell their products. Independent online retailers, dropshippers and distributors are welcome at UniSquare.
5. Your bulk file may contain images located at third party image hosting services (photobucket.com, imageshack.com, your own website, etc). Otherwise you would have to manually upload images from your computer hard disk after import. Exported items with manually uploaded images will retain their image filename and can be re-imported as edited items again without errors.
6. Bulk file that contains many very similar products will not be processed. Duplicate items are not allowed and may result in losing bulk importing privileges.
7. The bulk upload can be used to update or delete already uploaded products. To update items, you must include the item_id header and valid item id numbers so we know which items to apply your edits to. To delete existing items, you must use the item_id header along with a delete header. To add new items with your edit, simply leave the item_id field blank. WARNING: You must NOT delete all items and re-insert the same exact items. This will result in losing your bulk import privileges. Instead, simply edit existing items or schedule select items for deletion from your export file and then re-import the file.
II. Bulk File Structure
You must prepare tab-delimited text file and save it using UTF-8 encoding. Each row of this file represents one product. Be careful not to include line breaks! Here are some sample bulk files: bulk-example.txt and bulk-example.csv
Fields Used Only for Editing:
III. Field Descriptions
title - The name of the product. Up to 80 characters maximum.
subtitle - Option subtitle of product. Up to 80 characters maximum.
description - Text describing the product.
global_cat_id - Global categories are the ones defined by UniSquare. They are valid for the main marketplace (www.unisquare.com) which combines all seller's items.
global_cat_id2 - An optional secondary category if you would like to list your item under a 2nd category.
Please click on the link to find all global category ID numbers: Get All Global Category IDs
store_cat_id - Optional store categories are the ones defined within your store by you. They are valid only for your web store and their function is to organize your products in your web store. This is required if you want to add products into your customized store categories.
Please login and click on the link to find all of your store category ID numbers.
image_url - The URL of an associated image for the product. Use only full-sized images. Do not use thumbnail images. If you do not have an image available, leave the attribute blank. Do not include company's logo images and images that say "Image not available". If you have multiple images, separate each one by a comma. Up to 12 images are allowed.
price - The price for the product.
quantity - The number of items available.
accept_offers - Defines whether you want to allow member to submit best offers for your items. Valid values are yes or no.
condition - Defines the condition of the product. Valid values are new, used and refurbished.
shipping_method - The number id of your shipping method. If you have multiple shipping methods, separate each one by a comma. Up to 4 shipping methods are allowed.
Please click on the link to find all shipping method ID numbers: Get Shipping Method IDs
shipping_costs - The shipping price of your shipping method. If you have multiple shipping methods, separate each shipping price by a comma.
shipping_additional_items - The shipping price of additional items purchased. If you have multiple shipping methods, separate each additional item shipping price by a comma.
isbn - 10 or 13 digit International Standard Book Number. Optional when sell books only, but required if you want your items to show up in Google Products Shopping.
upc - 12 digit Universal Product Code. Optional, but required with at least one "mpn" or "brand" name if you would like your items to show up in Google Products Shopping. Invalid UPC codes will be removed automatically.
mpn - Manufacturer Part/Product Number. Up to 20 characters maximum. Optional, but required with at least one "upc" or "brand" name if you would like your items to show up in Google Products Shopping.
brand - Brand name of your product if applicable. Up to 50 characters maximum. Optional, but required with at least one "upc" or "mpn" code if you would like your items to show up in Google Products Shopping.
item_id - Used for editing existing item already listed for sale. This is the id of your item listing. For example, if your item page is: https://www.unisquare.com/sale/123/ , the item_id would be: 123. When you export items, this field will be included. If you would like to edit your items, simply re-import your items with the item_id field. If you would like to add new items along with your edit, simply leave this field blank.
delete - Used for deleting existing item already listed for sale. Valid values are: yes or no. "yes" indicates to delete item while "no" (or blank), means leave item alone. An item_id is required with this field so we known which item to delete.
|Column Field Name||Description||Format||Required||Example|
|title||Product name||Up to 80 characters||yes||Albert the Sleepy Sheep Amigurumi|
|subtitle||Product secondary header||Up to 80 characters||no||Handmade crochet stuffed sheep|
|description||Product Description||Make sure you do not include line breaks, or else replace them with a forward-slashed newline "n": \n||yes||This listing is for one handmade grey and white amigurumi sheep. The sheep measures 9" when sitting down. ...|
|global_cat_id||Global category id number||A valid category number||yes||13363|
|global_cat_id2||2nd Global category id number||A valid category number||no||21899|
|store_cat_id||Store category id number||A valid category number||no||562358|
|image_url||Product Image URL||URL (Must include the http:// or https:// portion for images hosted outside UniSquare). If more than one separate each URL by a comma.||no||http://example.com/img1.jpg, http://example.com/img2.jpg|
|price||The price for the item||Number: Two decimal places and no commas||yes||13.50|
|quantity||The number of items available||Number||yes||1|
|accept_offers||Allow member to make offers or not.||yes or no||no||yes|
|condition||The condition of the product||new, used or refurbished.||no||new|
|shipping_method||Shipping methods of product||Number. If more than one method, separate each number by a comma.||yes||1, 5, 35|
|shipping_cost||The shipping price of each shipping method. Separate each price by a comma if you have chosen multiple shipping methods. If left blank, it will be assumed free shipping.||Number||yes||5.00, 15.00, 0.00|
|shipping_additional_items||Discounted rate of shipping used if additional quantities of items are purchased. Separate each price by a comma if you have chosen multiple shipping methods. If left blank, it will be assumed free shipping for all additional purchased items.||Number||yes||0.20, 0.50, 0.00|
|isbn||10 or 13 digit International Standard Book Number. Only use if you sell books.||Number||no||0123456789|
|upc||12 digit Universal Product Code.||Number||no||012345678905|
|mpn||Manufacturer Part/Product Number.||Up to 20 characters||no||DSR200|
|brand||Brand name of product.||Up to 50 characters||no||JCPenney|
|item_id||ID number of your existing item listing (an item already listed on UniSquare) that you would like to edit. To list a new item for sale, leave this column blank.||Number||No - Required only if you would like to edit||123|
|delete||Indicates if you would like to delete existing item||yes or no||No - Required with item_id only if you would like to delete existing item||yes|
** Each item should be listed in a separate row, and its information divided into the appropriate columns. Make sure there are no line breaks in the description. If there are any replace them with \n. This will ensure you will not get structure errors.